Awesome Memories Photography began with our own love story (all 13 years of it!), which is filled with moments that we cherish and connect with. We are glad we have found each other to walk on this journey together. The highs and lows of marriage have strengthened our relationship.
Being hopeless romantics, we enjoy witnessing couples in love, and feel very privileged to capture these love stories, each in its own unique way. And not only that: We also cherish the friendships that we have with our couples, all of whom have become friends.
Michelle — Creative Enthusiast and Lead Memory-Capturer:
When I started planning my own wedding, I was working as a graphic designer. I already had a good eye for pretty things, but as a bride-to-be, I fell in love with all the beautiful details and creative energy that came with it. I also discovered my passion for shooting “LOVE” as a subject. Being around happy people; observing precious moments unfolding; witnessing people in love: these are scenes that make my heart melt and my eyes cry rivers.
When I capture these memories for others — and see their smiles, tears, laughter — I am home. I went fulltime into personalized photography, and have not looked back since! I’m blessed to have my beloved husband, Alvin, supporting me all these while and he shoots with me as well! It’s another way of spending lovely times together!
Alvin — Romantic Believer & Memory-Capturer:
My journey in wedding photography began when I’d tag along with Michelle on shoots. Being a fellow romantic, soon enough, I found myself eager to help her in capturing memories of love for our couples. I thrive on meeting new couples, getting to know their love story, finding that connection and bond between them, and finally translating all that into photos for them.
On the business side of things, I mainly handle the admin and finance (‘boring’ :p) stuff, while I leave the creative juices to Michelle.
- He was very nervous when proposing to Michelle after being together for 7 years as a couple, and even unknowingly opened the ring box the wrong way!
- Like Michelle, he also loves watching romantic shows and getting all teary-eyed
- Other than spending time with Michelle or photographing weddings, his two other loves are playing football and mahjong
- He has an innate flair for buying food that Michelle likes to eat
- He loves to host parties for his close friends!
- He loves to eat ice-cream, and even harboured thoughts in the past to open an ice-cream shop as he feels it is a joy to be able to scoop ice-cream for people and see the happy expressions on their faces
- He has passed Level 1400 on Candy Crush and aspires to play until there are no more levels left
- He is fairly vain, and is always concerned about whether his hair is in place
- He weighs himself almost everyday, definitely more than petite Michelle does
- He enjoys disturbing Michelle in the morning while she is still asleep and finds it entertaining when she responds to him in her half-awake blur mode
- Her chinese name is 喜心. 喜欢的‘喜’，开心的‘心’。 means like to be HAPPY! ‘Beware’ of her messages filled with ‘Haha’ and smiley faces!
- A romantic at heart; loves to watch love stories
- A paper addict, crazy over Kate Spade and Kikki.K stationery
- Loves painting, handicraft stuffs, watercolour and modern calligraphy
- Home décor lover and accessories collector
- Inspired by beautiful flatlays on Instagram
- Pokka Green Tea is her default drink; loves to eat prawns, crabs, chicken wings, ice-cream, durian
- When she looks at any menu, other than thinking what to eat, she will take a closer look at the design, texture of paper, the photography whether it makes the food look appealing, and definitely has an eye for attention to details
- She loves to watch MasterChef and hopes to be able to feed her greedy hubby often with her cooking
- She finds it entertaining to watch the different poses unknowingly displayed by Alvin when he sleeps at night